Power BI to Quickbooks Time Integrations FAQs
SyncEzy currently offers eight powerful integrations between Quickbooks Time and other apps. Our current Quickbooks Time integrations include:
- Quickbooks Time to Asana – track time and then feed that time directly into Asana
- Quickbooks Time to Dropbox – access Quickbooks Time documents and photos in Dropbox
- Quickbooks Time to Google Drive – access Quickbooks Time documents and photos in Google Drive
- Quickbooks Time to OneDrive – access Quickbooks Time documents and photos in OneDrive
- Quickbooks Time to Salesforce – sync all Salesforce Opportunities to Quickbooks Time to track time spent on deals
- Quickbooks Time to simPRO – track time against jobs, sections and cost centres
- Quickbooks Time to Power BI – connect your Quickbooks Time data to other datasets
- Quickbooks Time to Procore – log time against projects
To help our clients, we’d like to answer some of their top questions about integrating Quickbooks Time with Power BI.
How often does the sync run?
The sync runs every 2 hours and extracts data from Quickbooks Time. You also have an option to run the sync instantly from the portal.
Where is the data stored?
The Data is stored in SyncEzy MySQL server that you can connect to from any analytics program.
How secure is the sync?
Short answer: Very secure.
The longer answer, The API keys are encrypted at rest and all our communication with Quickbooks Time is through 128 Bit SSL connections. For servers and back end infrastructure we use the same secure AWS infrastructure that is used by all the world’s leading organizations including Quickbooks, Procore, etc.
We also offer two-factor authentication for the admin users using the SyncEzy integration.
What sort of data can be extracted?
Anything that is supported by the Quickbooks Time API can be extracted, and we are constantly adding to this list at all times.
Where can I use this data? What systems can connect to this?
You can use this data in any analytics/reporting program that accepts a MySQL database connection. Typical examples include PowerBi, Tableau, Crystal reports, Klipfolio and more.
What sort of reports can be created with the data?
Payroll reports, Project costings, leave reports, forward planning, a Map view of timesheets, User lists based reporting, historical user lists, Overtime reports and more.
Can data be directly linked to the database or is an intermediary server required?
As a part of the service, we provide instructions for a secure connection to our Database, Most analytics programs can connect to a SQL database which makes it simpler to connect and build reports.
Can geolocations be pulled from Quickbooks Time?
Yes, Geolocations (Location-based timestamps from Timesheets) can be pulled from Quickbooks Time and saved in the database. Note that Quickbooks Time collects a lot of geolocation points so this data table can be enormous. You need to be able to manage the data to build reports.
Are the tables indexed / Can you add more columns with specific queries to the table?
Yes, we have indexes on some of the tables where appropriate to improve performance. I’f you’d like us to add columns to the database they need to be generally relevant to all customers.
Have other questions?
Get in touch with our friendly sales team to discuss your Procore questions.