For many small teams, when it comes to HR, they use a collection of out-of-sync spreadsheets and emailing back and forth. As they grow, they realise they need a payroll system then quickly realise they need a better way to keep track of employee information as well.
Payroll Software Requirements (Australia)
The main requirements for payroll software in Australia would include:
AUTOMATED PAYROLL – The ability to automate client payroll with a one time setup and the ability to run the payroll in the background on your terms – from importing timesheet data, gross to net reporting and leave accruals for all scenarios, to payroll and super calculations, and ATO reporting.
AWARD INTERPRETATION – You need software that includes automated award interpretation and pay conditions engine that guarantees wages are paid correctly and calculated in compliance with Fair Work. You need software that can automate annual award reconciliations and employee pay calculations for you – always updated in real time with scheduled legislation changes.
EMPLOYEE SELF SERVICE – You’ll want complete payroll visibility in the cloud while removing manual data entry. Having an employee self service portal allows employees to manage timesheets, clock in and out of shifts, view pay slips, rosters, bank details, and more.
TIME & ATTENDANCE – You’ll want to eliminate paper timesheets or manual data input by accessing an app that can record employee work hours and input them straight into the pay run.
ROSTERING – Each week, you’ll want to easily build rosters to budget with real time shift costs and complete visibility.
PAY SLIPS – You’ll need to create and customise Fair Work compliant pay slips that can be easily accessed in the cloud.
- REPORTS – You need a library of reports to obtain data on employees, pay runs, superannuation, PAYG and more.
Once you’ve set up your payroll software that is tailored to Australian workers, you’ll want to use a Human Resource Information System (HRIS) to manage your employee information and more. An HRIS (Human Resources Information System) is the most used Software in HR. An HRIS is a system designed to help HR professionals manage human resources information such as employees, payroll, benefits, etc. This software allows HR managers to access data about their workforce quickly and efficiently.
HRIS Software Requirements (Australia)
The main requirements for HRIS software that suits Australian businesses would include:
- CORE HR – you need software to help you manage HR and your people. Make your live easier by automating HR processes, seamlessly creating reports and storing all your HR documentation in one, easily accessible location. Using built-in culture and engagement features gives your people a sense of belonging whether they are working onsite, hybrid or remote.
- ONBOARDING – Use onboarding workflows to help to automate your onboarding processes, ensuring that no detail is overlooked. Give your people a warm welcome and positive onboarding experience with opportunities to get to know the company, their peers, and your company culture.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT – Make talent management easy by using a centralised platform that supports 360-degree performance reviews for both your onsite and remote employees. Empower your people to succeed with clear, actionable goals and growth plans and by aligning them to team, department, and company goals.
- COMPENSATION MANAGEMENT – Manage the entire compensation management process, including salary reviews, bonuses, and equity allocation in one intuitive and global platform. Keep all stakeholders such as HR, finance, C-levels, and managers on the same page to ensure a fair and equitable process.
- SURVEYS – Surveys collect valuable employee feedback. Run an employee lifecycle survey to track feedback at different milestones and lifecycle events or conduct an employee engagement survey to measure employee satisfaction. View survey results and gain valuable insights to help you make a positive change for your people and organisation.
- TIME OFF – Managing time-off has never been simpler. Using time management features makes it easy to request and approve holidays, sick days, PTO, vacation days, and more—all within your flow of work.
- TIME AND ATTENDANCE – Clocking in and out is easy with your own time management app. Create a work cycle and nudge your people to submit their timesheets on time for payroll.
- PAYROLL HUB – Create a centralised dashboard for managing payroll in one place. All payroll-related data is automatically updated in real-time and can be easily synced with your chosen payroll systems, reducing payroll preparation time from hours to minutes.
- PEOPLE ANALYTICS – Start measuring and analysing your greatest asset—your people. Gain meaningful intel and uncover hidden insights with real-time, cross-platform data. Track KPIs such as headcount, growth, retention, and absenteeism and measure your progress over time. Simply create, schedule, and share reports with your leadership team in just a few clicks.
- FEEDBACK – Empower your people to speak up and report workplace concerns or misconduct in a safe and secure environment and without fear of retribution. Ensure feedback complies with whistleblower protection laws and helps companies maintain a happy, satisfied, and productive workforce.
Connecting your HRIS system to your payroll system
You’ve got your payroll set up and you’ve also set up your HRIS system, what next? By connecting the two systems, using an integration like our HiBob to KeyPay integration, you’ll be able to get key employee data synced across from your HRIS to your payroll provider so you can do pay runs with ease. Still got questions? Speak with our friendly sales team to discuss ways that we can help you automate your business processes.